ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION!!!! Thanks to all the great support for musicians and bands, SUPPORT KICK ASS MUSIC has moved to a new website!!!
Please GO TO ==>> www.SupportKickAssMusic.com and keep on supporting your favorite KICK ASS artists!!!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Balancing Act - Carolina De Leo

It has been quite the week! As soon as I come home from the 9-5 we work on music till the wee hours... sleep.. repeat......and I am having a blast!! I have noticed that as we get later into the week the circles under my eyes get darker and darker, but that's what concealer is for! I knew once I was given the opportunity to be a part of Negative Proof I was going to have to put in a lot of hours, and I really had no idea I was going to have this much fun.

Recording percussion is a lot more difficult for me in comparison to when I record vocals. There was a lot of cursing coming out of my mouth! But as soon as I stopped being so damn hard on myself, I was able to record with ease. It is very true, I am my own worst critic. I may have nailed it the first few times, but I knew I could do better. I guess the perfectionist in me really shows when it comes to recording, but i think that's important. And being that its my husband that is playing the engineer/producer role, I know he wont mind if I chose to redo some parts.

Finished all my parts last night for our first track for the demo. We may have to do some more touch ups but over all I am very pleased. Having to learn how to balance music with everything else in my life has been a challenge. When it starts to get late, we have to call it a night since we have to get up for work in the morning. It also helps that both Carmine and I equally love music and are able to put as much effort into Negative Proof as we can. I know that in the end all the hard work will pay off, the music is really fantastic, I know you all will just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment