ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION!!!! Thanks to all the great support for musicians and bands, SUPPORT KICK ASS MUSIC has moved to a new website!!!
Please GO TO ==>> www.SupportKickAssMusic.com and keep on supporting your favorite KICK ASS artists!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One of the Best Spots of Advice I've Ever Received - Dan Coyle

If you have something in your life that you’re trying to accomplish, check out Bob Baker and his “Artist Empowerment Radio” podcast; you will not be disappointed.

I’m a big podcast fan.  Being a musician, I’m inundated with music day in and day out, so when I put my headphones in, I usually want something a little different; my solution has been podcasts.

I listen to about a dozen different shows, and stumbled upon Bob Baker’s “Artist Empowerment Radio” a few months ago.  He had already accumulated about 70 previous shows, so little by little I started to whittle away at the great catalogue of information and inspiration that he provides.

The best show that I’ve heard in a long time was one that Bob did dealing with the concept of “be, do, have.”  This idea is great.  Simply put, if you are trying to accomplish a dream (such as being a successful musician) you must first BE the successful musician.  Once you have decided to be that person, then you must DO what that person does every single day.  Finally it is by first being and doing that you
will HAVE what you seek. 


Most people really miss the boat on this, and it keeps them from accomplishing anything.  Nearly everyone I know, who has a dream, thinks that they first must HAVE certain things (more time, more money, better job, etc) before they can DO what they need to BE successful.  They have it completely backwards.  Don’t leave the option that you will be looking back at your life thinking, “All I did was made excuses.”

Give it a thought, and then give it a shot; it has made a huge difference to me, and I hope it will to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment